Need it Installed? We've got you covered.
Our professional installation teams get your fishing electronics securely hooked up and operating perfectly with your boat and other equipment so you can spend more time catching
Garmin GPSMAP® 8612 12in. Marine Chartplotter GN+
Availability: Out of stock — Backorders Allowed
Pay as low as /mo with financing from Affirm or Katapult
Apply for financing at checkout.
GPSMAP® 8612 Chartplotter GN+
You’re a mariner who wants to handpick your sonar but still wants a fast, high-performance network chartplotter with built-in maps and charts, a large 12" IPS display, and more.
The GPSMAP® 8612 chartplotter features a 12” full HD in-plane switching touchscreen display for wider viewing angles, superior clarity, and sunlight readability, even with polarized sunglasses. Experience superior connectivity and networking solutions with complete control of your entire system, right at your fingertips. The device is preloaded with Garmin Navionics+™ coastal charts and inland mapping that feature Auto Guidance+™ technology (Auto Guidance+ is for planning purposes only and does not replace safe navigation operations) for helping you get where you need to go. Plus, there’s support for optional Garmin Navionics Vision+™ premium map content. The chartplotter includes a premium-performance processor for our fastest map drawing, superior networking, video distribution, and more. Multiple displays can be flat-mounted edge-to-edge to create a sleek glass helm look or mounted flush. NMEA 2000® networking and the Garmin Marine Network allow you to build your full marine electronics suite — from radar and autopilots to cameras and instruments — controlled from your chartplotter and shared across multiple screens. With SmartMode™ station controls, everything is designed to give you quick, one-touch access to the information you need to ease high-stress situations such as docking. For full control of your boat on your chartplotter screen, use our exclusive OneHelm™ feature to connect to many compatible third-party devices. Built-in Garmin SailAssist™ features provide data, displays, and prerace guidance needed to gain a competitive edge. Download the ActiveCaptain® smartphone app to your smartphone or tablet to manage your marine experience from anywhere — from trip planning and prefishing to purchasing, downloading, and updating maps. See RPMs, fuel flow, temperature, trim, and more for up to four of your compatible Mercury® engines by using the SmartCraft® Connect gateway.
- Features a 12” full HD in-plane switching touchscreen display for wider viewing angles, superior clarity, and sunlight readability, even with polarized sunglasses
- Adds a stunning appearance with the ability to install multiple displays either flat mounted edge- to-edge to create a sleek glass helm look or mounted flush
- Fully network capable with NMEA 2000® connectivity and the Garmin Marine Network to easily build your marine system — from sonar, radar, and autopilots to instruments, cameras, and multimedia
- ANT® connectivity and Wi-Fi® networking let you connect with your compatible quatix® smartwatches, gWind™ Wireless 2 wind sensor, and more
- For full control of your boat on your chartplotter screen, use the exclusive OneHelm™ feature to connect to many third-party devices
- Preloaded Garmin Navionics+™ coastal charts and inland mapping feature Auto Guidance+™ technology (Auto Guidance+ is for planning purposes only and does not replace safe navigation operations); plus, there’s support for optional Garmin Navionics Vision+™ premium map content.
- See RPMs, fuel flow, temperature, trim, and more for up to four of your compatible Mercury® engines by using the SmartCraft® Connect gateway
- Compatible with your Panoptix™ PS51 transducer with FrontVü™ forward-looking sonar, which helps you avoid running aground
- SmartMode™ station controls enable presets for one-touch access to docking, cruising, fishing, anchoring, and more
- Built-in Garmin SailAssist™ features provide data, displays, and prerace guidance needed to gain a competitive edge
- Use built-in Wi-Fi® networking to pair with the free ActiveCaptain® smartphone app for access to the OneChart™ feature, smart notifications, Garmin Quickdraw™ Community data, and more
- Dual microSD™ card slots on the back of the unit for use with the ActiveCaptain® app and cartography accessory cards
What's In The Box?
- Power cable
- NMEA 2000 T-connector
- NMEA 2000 drop cable
- Bail mount with knobs 8610 and 8612 series only
- Flush mount kit
- Protective cover
- Trim piece snap covers
- GPSMAP 8600 series chartplotters are preloaded with Garmin Navionics+ offshore, coastal, and inland water charts for the U.S. and Canada
Our Installation Services & Customer Support
Fishing Electronics Installation
We install and optimize every aspect of your fishing electronics so you can spend more time catching.Schedule Your Install
Trolling Motor Installation
Get your trolling motor seated and installed right the first time and get your boat on the water today.Schedule Your Install